Since 2001, Krescendo has been developing software for large enterprises, including several of the world’s leading banks.
Krescendo uses stringent data security processes and technology and is annually audited, achieving ISO27001:2013 certification.
IT Challenge for Large Enterprises
For 25 years Gabriele Albarosa has led teams building custom business applications for large enterprises, including some of the world’s leading banks. He saw a pattern that challenges IT and business users in every large organization.
A small number of core systems for running the business are the obvious priority for IT resources and budgets. Beside them are many smaller business applications needed for other important processes
- Sometimes packaged software can be used.
- Sometimes bespoke development is needed.
- Often these are augmented by user-designed applications.
Outside of the core systems, a complex network of data and processes develops. This network grows over time into a spider’s web of interfaces, software packages, legacy systems, half-baked solutions, local databases — and many, many spreadsheets.
Bad tools frustrates both IT and business professionals.
- Processes are unreliable, error-prone, confusing and inefficient.
- Making changes or adding new projects takes too long.
- The business is forced to create their own workarounds.
The lines between IT systems and end user computing get blurred. There are grey areas and gaps. When you see spreadsheets being repeatedly emailed around, you know there is a problem.
Krescendo was founded in 2001 to build high-quality, streamlined, flexible custom business applications.
- Meets every specific requirement unlike packaged software.
- High-quality, sustainable solution for many people unlike spreadsheets.
- Rapid delivery unlike IT developing applications from scratch.
Krescendo developed eXtraSheet as an efficient software as a service platform. In 2002, it was probably the first spreadsheet-like application to go online.
From 2002-2014 eXtraSheet was used by Krescendo to build custom business applications for clients. Most clients were large enterprises with thousands of users and demanding security requirements, including some of world’s leading banks.
During this time eXtraSheet was continuously enhanced to improve functionality, scalability, and security.
In 2014, our engineering team started building LiveDataset as a replacement for eXtraSheet.
- Taking advantage of recent web, usability and architectural improvements.
- Enabling customers to build their own business applications – without coding.
LiveDataset provides a new way to quickly build business applications and gradually improve your existing application portfolio.
- For new projects, use an Agile approach to rapidly prototype, improve, and deploy.
- For old systems, use LiveDataset to bridge gaps in data collection and sharing, while leaving the old systems untouched.
- For all the complex spreadsheets and user-built solutions, replace them with LiveDataset bringing reliability, audit, security, and data management best practices.
With LiveDataset you get the best of both worlds
- Users get the changes they want quickly and enjoy a consistent interface.
- IT can focus on efficiently adding value to the business — ensuring high-quality systems and data.